Friends In Sport was formed by Managing Member Julian Mixon. “I was born in Durban where I spent most of my childhood.
During this time I tried and played many sports, however my number one passion was soccer. This led to my dream to one day become a professional soccer player. It was to pursue this dream that I relocated to Johannesburg upon completion of my schooling. I joined the development team of Kaizer Chiefs and also registered at the University of Johannesburg for a B.Com (Accounting) degree.
Although I came close to playing professionally my dream didn’t quite materialise, but that did not change my love for the game.
I continued to play for the University of Johannesburg 1st team whilst completing my degree. After successful completion of my B.Com (Accounting) degree, I registered for an Honours (Financial Management) degree. During my Honours year I was offered a job as a trainee accountant at Microsoft SA.
After successful completion of my Honours degree, I registered for an Honours (Accounting) degree in order to become a Chartered Accountant (CA). Having successfully completed both my Honours degree and my training contract I am now a qualified CA and have since worked for ABSA and currently Shanduka. I also completed my CIMA qualification.
I have never stopped playing soccer and over the last 10 years have played weekly in the local astro soccer league. My passion for the game and sport has taken me to watch games all over the world, including London, Germany, Singapore and the US.
It is this passion for the game and sports in general that has encouraged me to form Friends In Sport and pursue my love for the game on a regular basis.”
- To develop and operate a world class sports arena.
- To provide first class service to all our customers.
- To promote and develop sport in South Africa.
- To promote, build and enhance friendships through sport.
- To build a renowned and internationally recognized brand.
To act in a manner that promotes honesty and trust towards our customers.
- Customer Satisfaction
To provide our customers with impeccable service that exceeds their expectations.
To strive to do our best for our customers always.
Friends In Sport CC is a 100% black owned Level 3 contributor with a recognition level of 110% for Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) purposes.
Financial & Investment Decisions
Friends In Sport assists professional sportspeople in making the right financial and investment management decisions in the following ways:
- Drawing up a budget
- Identifying suitable investments
- Managing personal finances
- Creating a business plan
- Registration and setup of a small business
- Advice and assistance with tax
Why Utilise Our Services
- The number of professional sportspeople that have ended up broke in recent times is endless.
- This highlights the fact that “athletic skill and financial acumen don’t always come in the same package, which is why many successful professional sports stars run out of money once their hefty salaries stop rolling in.”
- Based upon research done the most common pitfalls are: overspending, too young to handle the excess cash, being too charitable, poor investment decisions, trusting the untrustworthy.